Workflow on Application for Sponsorships
Workflow on Application for Sponsorships to attend overseas conferences
- Announcement and Application
- A list of upcoming overseas conferences/scientific meetings will be posted and updated regularly on the Joint Website of the Hong Kong Thoracic Society and the CHEST Delegation Hong Kong and Macau here
- Sponsorship applications for the respective conferences will be opened for not less than 5 working days on the website here.
- Applicants should be paid up members of the Hong Kong Thoracic Society or CHEST Delegation Hong Kong and Macau Limited
- Applicants interested in applying for the respective sponsorships should download the application form here for HKTS members or here for CHEST Delegation members
- Completed application forms should be sent to the conference secretariat Ms. Leung Man Ching Melissa:
- Completed application forms should be sent 14 calendar days before the Council /EXCO meeting and at least 1 month before the date of the respective conferences. Late application will not be entertained.
- Selection and Nomination
- All applications will be reviewed by the sponsorship and nomination committee of the HKTS or CHEST Delegation respectively
- Should the number of applicants exceed the available number of sponsorships, the sponsorship and nomination committee will choose the most suitable candidate based on predefined criteria (see "Criteria for selecting candidate for sponsorship").
- The sponsorship and nomination committee reserves the right of final decision in selecting the most eligible candidates for receiving the respective sponsorships
- Applicants should observe the prevailing sponsorship regulations or rules for receiving outside sponsorship in their own departments, hospitals or HA cluster administration.
- The sponsorship and nomination committee will not be responsible for failure of application due to violation of the sponsorship regulations or rules in their respective departments, hospitals or HA Cluster Administration.
- Endorsement of Application
- All nominations have to be endorsed at HKTS and CHEST Delegation Council /EXCO meetings.
- Confirmation of Sponsorship
- Approval letters will be sent to the applicants’ communication addresses written on the application forms after endorsement at the Council /EXCO meeting.
- Applicants should send their reimbursement letters to the conference secretariat Ms. Leung Man Ching Melissa at P.O.Box 80646, Cheung Sha Wan Post office, or email@example.com (for HKTS members) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for CHEST Delegation members), or fax to 27853832 within 2 months after attending the overseas conference. The reimbursement form can be downloaded here for HKTS members/ (word format) and here for CHEST Delegation members/ (word format).
- Only expenses with acceptable receipts will be reimbursed.
- Attendance certificates have to be enclosed for reimbursement.
- Reimbursements will be paid by cheque.
Criteria for selecting candidate for sponsorship
- Applicant is a current and paid up member of HKTS or CHEST Delegation HK & Macau accordingly for at least one year and had paid up his/her membership fee in the past one year.
- Applicant has active participation / roles in the sponsored conferences / meeting academic event (including but not limited to being an invited speaker or session chair, oral or poster presentation etc)
- For passive participation, applicant has not received any sponsorship from the HKTS or Chest Delegation accordingly in the past 12 months.
- Applicant had/has made significant contributions to the operation, planning and development of HKTS or CHEST Delegation accordingly.
- Applicant had participated actively in annual scientific meeting/ clinical meeting/ evening symposium and other academic events organized by the HKTS or CHEST Delegation Hong and Macau accordingly.
- Applicant had engaged actively in the publicity events organized by the HKTS or CHEST Delegation accordingly.
- The application had been notified to and supported by the team head or COS of the respective applicant.
The above criteria are by no means exhaustive and are subjected to regular update and amendment at the discretion of the sponsorship and nomination committee.
The sponsorship and nomination committee reserves the final right in selecting candidate for a particular sponsorship.